Can we make telescope at home to see planets?
To make a simple telescope at home, you will need the following: two magnifying glasses – perhaps 1 – 1.5 inches (2.5-3 cm) diameter (it works best if one is larger than the other) a cardboard tube – paper towel roll or gift-wrapping paper roll (it helps if it is long) duct tape.
How can I make a homemade telescope?
Method 2: Making a Telescope with Lenses
- Gather materials. …
- Cut the outer tube in half. …
- Cut 2 pieces from the inner tube of the mailing tube. …
- Make eye-hole in mailing tube cap. …
- Drill holes on the outside of the large tube. …
- Glue eyepiece lens against removable cap. …
- Cut off closed end of outer tube.
How can I make a telescope to see Saturn at home?
Things You’ll Need
- Cardboard telescoping mailing tube with a diameter of 50 mm and a length of 1,100 mm.
- Concave-convex lens (the objective lens) with a diameter of 49 mm and a focal length of 1,350 mm.
- Plano-concave lens (the eyepiece) with a diameter of 49 mm and a focal length of 152 mm.
- Coping saw.
- Box cutter.
How many telescope eyepieces do I need?
Typically, a collection of four – 6mm, 10mm, 15mm and 25mm – will cover most observing requirements. A good selection of eyepieces will serve you well and give you options depending on what you want to observe.
What is a good telescope to see planets?
Five of the Best Telescopes to See Planets
- Celestron StarSense Explorer LT 80AZ Refractor.
- Sky-Watcher Classic 6-inch Dobsonian.
- Celestron StarSense Explorer DX 130AZ Newtonian Reflector.
- Celestron Omni XLT 102mm Refractor.
- Celestron NexStar 6SE Compound.
What two lenses are needed to make a telescope?
Two lenses are needed to build a telescope. We call these the “objective” lens and the “eyepiece” lens. The “Objective” lens should always be a convex lens. Convex lenses are thicker in the middle, and can be used as magnifying glasses or for concentrating sunlight.
Is there a telescope app?
That’s where the SkyView Free app comes into play. … SkyView Free is an augmented reality (AR) app for both iOS and Android that uses your smartphone’s camera to uncover constellations, planets and other celestial objects — and it doesn’t cost a dime.
What telescope is best for viewing galaxies?
Best telescopes for viewing galaxies
- Orion SpaceProbe 130ST.
- Solomark 114AZ.
- Orion SkyView Pro 8.
Who is the real inventor of telescope?
Galileo Galilei (1564-1642) was part of a small group of astronomers who turned telescopes towards the heavens. After hearing about the “Danish perspective glass” in 1609, Galileo constructed his own telescope. He subsequently demonstrated the telescope in Venice.
How do you make a telescope out of cardboard?
- Gather your supplies.
- Place your cardboard tube on the bottom of your paper cup and trace around the tube using a pen.
- Remove the tube. …
- Have an adult use a craft knife to cut the lines inside the circle to create (8) flaps.
- Push the flaps inward. …
- Now you will decorate the lens of your telescope.