Who are the top astronomers?
- Luis Alvarez 1911 – 1988. The iridium layer, dinosaur death by meteorite impact, and subatomic particle discoveries.
- Anaximander c. 610 BC – c 546 BC. …
- Aristarchus c. …
- Tycho Brahe 1546 – 1601. …
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar 1910 – 1995. …
- Nicolaus Copernicus 1473 to 1543. …
- Democritus c. …
- Frank Drake Born 1930.
Who is the coolest astronomer?
10 Famous Astronomers You Should Know
- Nicolas Copernicus (1473 – 1543)
- Galileo Galilei (1564 – 1642)
- Christiaan Huygens (1629 – 1695)
- Johannes Kepler (1571 – 1630)
- Edmond Halley (1656 – 1743)
- William Herschel (1738-1822)
- Johann Gottfried Galle (1812 – 1910)
- Hubble, Edwin P. ( Powell) (1889 – 1953)
What are 2 famous astronomers?
Famous astronomers: How these scientists shaped astronomy
- Eratosthenes of Cyrene.
- Claudius Ptolemy.
- Abd al-Rahman al-Sufi.
- Nicolaus Copernicus.
- Johannes Kepler.
- Galileo Galilei.
- Giovanni Cassini.
- Christiaan Huygens.
Who is the most famous modern astronomer?
Top four most famous astronomers
- Galileo. Galileo Galilei (say that three times as fast as you can) was an Italian astronomer famous for discovering craters on the Moon, the stars of the Milky Way and is also credited with the creation of the first pendulum clock. …
- Isaac Newton. …
- Albert Einstein. …
- Charles Messier.
Who is the father of astronomy?
NICHOLAS COPERNICUS: THE FATHER OF MODERN ASTRONOMY 1543-1943.
Who are modern astronomers?
- Giovanni Cassini.
- Edmond Halley.
- Sir William Herschel.
- Chirstian Huygens.
- Sir Isaac Newton.
Who is a famous scientist today?
|Name||Field of Influence|
|17. Jane Goodall||Primatologist|
|18. Alan Guth||Inflationary Cosmology|
|19. Lene Vestergaard Hau||Quantum Physics|
|20. Stephen Hawking||Physics & Cosmology|
Who was the first and most successful astronomers?
Galileo Galilei (1564–1642) stood as the central figure of the scientific revolution of the 17th century, with his work in physics, astronomy, and scientific methodology. Galileo, born in Pisa, Italy, made numerous scientific discoveries.
Who first discovered astronomy?
In 1609, using this early version of the telescope, Galileo became the first person to record observations of the sky made with the help of a telescope. He soon made his first astronomical discovery.
Who are some famous ancient astronomers?
10 astronomers you’ve (probably) never heard of
- Aristarchus (c310 BC – c230 BC) …
- Ole Roemer (1644–1710) …
- James Bradley (1693–1762) …
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel (1784–1846) …
- Henrietta Swan Leavitt (1868–1921) …
- Annie Jump Cannon (1863–1941) …
- George Ellery Hale (1868–1938) …
- Milton Humason (1891–1972)